-Congressmen Mike Thompson and Jared Huffman view the interior of the new SMART Train with Sonoma County Supervisor Shirlee Zane
Looking Forward to a Sustainable Future
In her next term, Shirlee will focus on:
• Working to see that the SMART train is on track and ready to roll on schedule in 2016.
• Being a steward for Sonoma County’s taxpayers by continuing to watchdog the budget as we go into this next phase of belt tightening.
• Protecting the services that are crucial to the most vulnerable of our residents by securing and keeping funding for programs like the Mobile Support Team, Family Justice Center, Aging Together and the Homeless Outreach Services Team (HOST).
• Safeguarding our environment, parks, open spaces and the County’s natural resources.
• Promoting sustainable economic revitalization throughout Sonoma County.
• Providing top leadership on County pension reform to contain costs and to maintain market competitiveness and workforce stability while increasing accountability and transparency.
• Finding solutions to increase funding for safe roads and preventative maintenance of them.